New Year’s Day Vintage Beauty Survival Kit
Fast, fabulous beauty even with the biggest champagne hangover…
Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard was my inspiration for this blog post. In the movie she is constantly swaddled in some sort of leopard print. It is either her clothes, draped over the chair she is sitting in, or covering the seats of the car. Oh how lovely a life wrapped in leopard print would be.
Step 1 – Makeup
Hopefully you are having brunch on a patio where you can just wear your sunglasses the whole time, but if not, here are the essentials.
- Red eye remover for lack of sleep
- Foundation to cover the sallowness of your skin
- Bright blush to brighten your pale, bloodless cheeks
- Eyebrow makeup to lift your brow so people can’t tell how miserable you are
- Mascara to contrast your eyes and make them look brighter
- Red lipstick to leave marks on the glass of whatever Hair of the Dog you are drinking.
Step 2 – Sunglasses
I’m a little obsessed right now with the Tom Ford Nikita glasses, but $300 for a pair of sunglasses? I think not. Here is a link to some wonderful knockoffs on Amazon for less than 10 bucks!
Step 3 – Hair
Why bother? Wrap it in a leopard scarf turban style.